Effective Date: 9/18/2022
Last Updated: 9/19/2023
We understand that online privacy is important to Users of Jyzen.com (“Website”), especially when conducting business. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those Users of the Website (“Visitors” or “Users”) who visit without transacting business and Visitors who register to transact business on the Webste and make use of the various Products and Services (collectively, “Products” and “Services”) offered by Jyzen.com (“Customers” and “Members”).
“Personally Identifiable Information” (PII) refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, social security number, and credit card information. PII does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual User) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
Jyzen.com does not sell, lend, or lease any PII (such as names, phone numbers, email addresses, street addresses, or credit card information) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions, provide Products and/or Services that you have requested, facilitate business operations, or as required by law.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
PII You Disclose to Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website (such as posting comments or providing testimonials) or when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the Products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
PII Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; mailing addresses; job titles; usernames; passwords; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; billing addresses; debit/credit card numbers; and other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or, navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Website, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Non-Personally Identifying Information We Collect Includes
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and operating system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type of device you use to access the Website and the settings on that device. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information in your browser or device, or by disabling the location/GPS settings on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain parts of the website, and certain parts of the Website may not function properly for you.
Information Collected from Other Sources
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, Products, and Services to you, and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources. These sources may include, but are not limited to, public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms, advertising platforms, and third party information providers. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or User behavior data), demographic data, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion. If you interact with us on a social media platform using your social media account (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), we receive personal information about you such as your name, email address, and gender. Any personal information that we collect from your social media account depends on your social media account’s privacy settings.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
We use PII collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
- To facilitate the account creation and logon process. We may decide to provide account creation capabilities on the Website. In that case, PII will be required to complete those activities.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us using the contact form on the Website and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- To enable User-to-User communications. We may use your information in order to enable User-to-User communications if we have the consent of both Users.
- To manage User accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To provide administrative communication. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We may also use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Products or Services.
- To modify our content and/or offerings. We may use your personal information to improve or modify our content, product, and service offerings.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website as well as provide you with Products and/or Services you have requested.
- Administer contests, competitions, and prize giveaways. We may use your information to administer contests, competitions, and prize giveaways when you elect to participate in these activities.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
3. Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
We only share PII with your consent, to comply with laws or legal orders, to provide you with Products and/or Services you have requested or purchased, to protect your rights, or to facilitate business operations. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent. We may process your PII if you have given us specific consent to use that information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your PII when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your PII when we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your PII where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process or share your PII in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer PII in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on the Internet and when you visit or use the Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Affiliates. We may share PII with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice.
- Business Partners. We may share PII with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Other Users. When you share PII (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Website) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Website, such personal information may be viewed by all Users and may be publicly made available outside the Website in perpetuity. We strongly recommend not posting PII on public areas of the website.
4. How is Your Information Handled by Third Party Websites?
Jyzen.com may contain links to other web sites or advertisements that link to third party websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another web site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party website or the safety and security of any PII that you share with a third party website.
Google Web Fonts, Google Maps, and Other Google Services
The Website uses the following Google services that may collect PII and Non-PII when you visit any page on the Website.
- Google Fonts
- Google Maps
- Google RECAPTCHA
- Google Adwords
- Other Google Services & API’s
When you open a page on the Website, your browser will load the required data, including cookies and other files added to or loaded from your browser cache, provided by Google’s services or required for these services to operate or be displayed correctly. For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. If you are logged into your Google account, other information may be collected. For more details, see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Our may use plugins or embedded video from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin or embedded video, a connection to the YouTube servers is established and the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your PII as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice shall require us to keep your PII for longer than the period in which you are a Member or otherwise use our Products and/or Services. Your PII may also be stored in secure backup archives where it is isolated from processing.
6. How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We have implemented the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your PII. However, despite our safeguards, processes, and commercially reasonable efforts to secure your information, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, and no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. We will not be liable to Users of the Website, Customers, Members, or any other visitor or User of any of our Products or Services for any such occurrences. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
7. How Do We Process Children’s Information?
Children are not eligible to use our Products and Services unsupervised and we ask that persons under the age of 13 do not submit any PII to us. We do not knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with PII, please contact us. If we become aware that We have collected PII from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
8. How Can Users Correct Inaccuracies in Their Personal Information?
Customers and Members may contact us to update or correct inaccuracies their PII via the contact form on the Website or by calling Jyzen directly at 415-729-0449. Note that Jyz is unable to correct and not responsible for correcting any inaccuracies Users, Visitors, Customers, and Members may discover in data collected by third parties. You must contact those third parties directly and follow their respective information correction mechanisms and policies.
9. Can Users Delete or Deactivate Information Collected By Jyzen?
We provide Users with a mechanism to delete or deactivate PII from the Website’s database by contacting us via the contact form on the Website. However, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete a Visitor’s entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have PII deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way after that time. All Users, including Customers and Members, acknowledge that removal of this information may in some cases limit or prevent us from delivering certain Products or Services. All Users also acknowledge that we may need to retain some of this information for tax and/or legal reasons, as well as for data scrubbing lists.
10. Do You Follow Do-Not-Track Settings?
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.). See Section 7: How Do We Process Children’s Information?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us via the contact form on the Website, or at
100 SHORELINE HIGHWAY
MILL VALLEY, CA 94941
Interested in establishing care?
If you are interested in establishing care with one of our doctors, please contact our front desk at 415.388.5520. Our staff is trained to address your questions and concerns and recommend the best practitioner based on your unique health needs and the individual doctor’s specialties and expertise.